Personal information collected
- Name, gender, marital status, children, date of birth;
- Contact information including email address;
- Nationality, ethnicity, religion
- Work and relationship history
- Preferences, interests and partner requirements;
- Any other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Use of this information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Provide you with the matchmaking service and to fulfil the contract between yourself and Berkeley International;
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers and other information which we think you may find interesting or useful using the email address which you have provided;
- From time to time we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- With regard to employees, for reasons of statutory data retention in terms of your employment records as required by law.
How long your personal data will be kept
We will keep your personal information for as long as you are actively in communication with Berkeley International. Thereafter, we may keep your information for up to 10 years, in order to respond to queries or complaints or for any legal reasons.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we put in place certain and suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies are small files which ask permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. If agreed the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application is able to tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and enables us to improve our website in order to tailor it to customer’s needs. This information is only used by us for statistical analysis purposes, after which the data is then removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, however, if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, we do not then have any control over that other site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement relevant to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless you have permitted us or are we required by law to do so. We use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find of interest.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation. A small fee is payable. If you wish to receive a copy of the information we hold on you please email us at [email protected].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will then promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You also have the right to erasure of your personal details. If you wish to have your details erased from our systems, please email us at the above address.
The GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the UK this is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/or telephone: +44 (0) 3031231113.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.